There is not a specific visa category designed exclusively for travel bloggers to enter Schengen countries. Travel bloggers, like other applicants, need to apply for the appropriate visa relevant to the purpose of their visit, such as a tourist visa or a work visa, depending on their activities.
Travel bloggers also have to submit dummy documents and make flight reservation for Schengen visa, while the visa process is ongoing.
If a travel blogger intends to visit Schengen countries for tourism and to create content for their blog, they would generally apply for a Schengen tourist visa.
Read on to learn more about the tourist visa if you are a travel blogger!
Visa Application Process And Requirements
The visa application process and requirements may vary depending on the traveller’s nationality and the specific country they plan to visit. For travel bloggers, we suggest that it is better to consult the embassy of the Schengen country they intend to visit to obtain accurate information on visa requirements and application procedures.
Suppose a travel blogger plans to visit any Schengen country for a shorter period of 90 days. In that case, he has to apply for the visa and go through the complete visa application procedure just any other applicant goes through by submitting several visa documents.
How Must A Travel Blogger Submit The Visa Application?
Travel bloggers applying for a Schengen visa would follow the standard visa application process for tourism purposes. Below mentioned is a list of additional documents that travel bloggers may need to submit.
If the travel blogger plans to visit multiple Schengen countries, they should determine the main country of their visit. This will determine the embassy where they need to submit their visa application.
However, in addition to the standard visa application documents, travel bloggers may need to provide additional documentation to support their purpose of visit and activities. These may include:
- Cover letter: A detailed cover letter explaining the purpose of the trip, including the intention to create content for their blog, the countries they plan to visit, and their itinerary.
- Blog details: Provide information about the travel blog, including its name, URL, number of followers/readers, and any relevant statistics that demonstrate its reach and influence. Also, the blogger must assure the authorities that you will not indulge in any illegal activity or harm the country.
- Dummy ticket for Schengen visa: Provide a detailed itinerary with specific dates and locations of the planned trip, including the places to be visited and the activities to be carried out.
- Proof of accommodation: Provide confirmed hotel reservations or other proof of accommodation for the entire duration of the trip.
- Income and financial documents: Show evidence of sufficient funds to cover the travel expenses, such as bank statements, income tax returns, or sponsorship letters.
- Travel insurance: Provide proof of travel insurance that covers the entire duration of the trip and includes medical coverage.
- Previous travel history: If applicable, provide documents that demonstrate the travel blogger’s previous international travel history, such as previous visa stamps, entry and exit stamps, or passport copies.
- Schedule an appointment: Travel bloggers need to schedule an appointment at the embassy or consulate of the main Schengen country where they plan to apply for the visa. It’s important to do this well in advance, as appointment availability may vary.
- Submit the application: Attend the visa appointment and submit the visa application along with all the required documents. Pay the visa application fee, which may vary depending on the country.
In some cases, applicants may be required to provide their biometric data (fingerprints and photograph) at a separate appointment.
The visa processing time can vary, but it typically takes a few weeks. During this time, the embassy or consulate will review the application and supporting documents.
Important Note For Travel Bloggers: It is important to note that specific visa requirements and procedures may vary slightly between different Schengen countries. It is advisable for travel bloggers to seek advice from someone who has applied for the visa earlier. And consult the embassy or hire a visa consultant who can apply on his behalf.
Also, it is the sole responsibility of the travel blogger not to mislead the audience regarding the country he visits and explores!