Product packaging is an essential part of production in any industry. Different goods require distinct packaging to ensure maximum safety during transport and storage. A custom packaging supplier provides a wide range of product packaging materials to meet various requirements. Some common materials available in the markets are plastic, cardboard, steel, wood, etc.
Different packaging materials have their benefits and limitations. So, before choosing the packaging materials for your products, you must have a clear understanding of the various affecting factors.
Essential Factors to Consider Before Purchasing Packaging Material
Packaging material for business needs is a significant investment. The packaging ensures maximum safety during transportation and storage and helps you build a brand presence. Wherever you ship your products, that packaging will carry your brand name. So, you must ensure your packaging containers are made from top-quality materials. Here are some factors you must consider before you purchase packaging products for your goods.
● Product Type- The product type is one of the most crucial factors for choosing the packaging material. Different products like food and beverages or chemicals and medicines require distinct types of packaging. These products can react to external conditions and the packaging container. Therefore, before purchasing, company owners must understand how their product has to be packed and which would be the most suitable material.
● Packaging Durability- To ensure long-lasting performance and safe transportation of goods, the packaging must be durable and tough. Depending on how fragile or perishable the product is, the packaging container must offer suitable insulation from external conditions. Companies can also reuse the packaging containers frequently and cut transportation and storage costs if the packaging container is durable.
● Cost-Efficiency- Finally, company owners must ensure maximum cost efficiency with the packaging containers. The containers act as an additional expense for the product, its storage and transportation. So, if the packaging containers are not cost-efficient, they can significantly increase the overall production expenses for a company. Ensure you get the best value for money while purchasing packaging containers for your business.
The Need for Recycling Packaging Containers
Low-quality packaging materials cannot be recycled and end up in landfills, leading to an increased carbon footprint. The impact of plastic waste on nature is intense, and consequences like global warming and arctic melting are compelling organisations to find more sustainable methods to store and transport products.
Shifting to sustainable packaging can also provide several benefits for a business. If companies establish a dedicated recycling channel, they can reuse the packaging materials several times and significantly reduce production costs. Sustainable packaging can also project a company’s dedication to reducing its carbon footprint, creating a positive brand image and attracting new customers. So, if you choose packaging material for your business, keeping eco-friendliness in mind can be a great move.
Steel Packaging- A Lucrative Packaging Solution
From the various factors mentioned above, it is clear that materials like steel are a reliable packaging solution for businesses. Steel packaging containers are highly durable and long-lasting, making them suitable for perishable and fragile products. Due to their resistive features, steel containers are also suitable for storing and transporting hazardous chemicals.
Compared to other metal packaging solutions, steel is a highly cost-efficient packaging material. It is highly recyclable, looks aesthetic and propels the overall brand value to attract more customers over time. However, the biggest benefit is that steel is a flexible material which can be transformed into different sizes and shapes to meet your packaging requirements. Here are some of the most common types of steel containers available in markets-
1. Open-Head Pails- Open-head pails are highly durable and portable steel containers suitable for the storage and transportation of hazardous and non-hazardous materials. The containers are available in a wide range of sizes ranging from 2 litres to up to 23 litres.
2. Drums- Steel drums are closed-head containers suitable for transporting hazardous liquids. These dreams have a specific structure that allows you to stack them safely to make maximum use of the storage space. Closed-head drums are usually large in size, ranging from 10 to 20 litres.
3. Cans- Cans are widely used in the food & beverages industry due to their durability and ease of handling. Custom packaging manufacturers can develop cans of different sizes and shapes along with specific fittings and closing systems to meet your requirements.
The above-mentioned are the most commonly available steel containers. However, depending on the client’s requirements, manufacturers can develop several different types of packaging containers with customised closures and fittings. These steel containers can help companies optimise the storage space and increase the overall efficiency of packaging.
With custom-made steel packaging containers, you can also get lithograph printing to promote your products and generate brand awareness to attract new customers. So, there are several advantages that make steel packaging one of the best packaging options in the current times.
Well, selecting the right packaging for a business is not as simple as it sounds. The packaging material can have a huge impact on the overall business performance, including brand image, efficient transportation, and product quality.
The best option is to choose the most reliable packaging materials from custom packaging companies in Australia to ensure the best quality and performance. That way, you can save money and time while experiencing peace of mind due to the safe storage and transportation of your products.